Background

Voting

Friday, June 09, 2006

This and that

This is an old picture - I think we went on this outing in March.
The Moms Club had an outing to Coldstone Creamery and the kids got to mix their own mix-ins. Heaven. They were in heaven. I'm not sure that any of them actually had things mixed into their ice cream as it takes quite a bit of muscle power but they all thought they were cool. Amiya picked her old stand-by: mint ice cream with M&Ms and sprinkles. She loves it. And now she asks daily to go to Coldstone again.

More recently, Amiya had her first day of preschool. It's not truly preschool, but camp. At this age, it's all sort of the same mix of coloring, gluing (self, not paper) and reading stories. Contrary to what is indicated in the photo, she was very excited to be going. And on Thursday, after three mornings with Miss Clare she boldly proclaimed that she did not want to go see Grandma next week but instead go back to school to spend more time with Miss Clare. Hmmmmm.

And finally, our little cherub has not ceased to create bead necklaces for anyone who even so much as sneaks a peek at her creations. A very good-natured Daddy is seen here sporting his own custom creation, lovingly made with sticky fingers and many dropped beads finding their way into each and every corner of the kitchen. But let it be known that Daddy is not nearly as good of a sport as Grandma. Grandma wore hers out of the house, Daddy barely made it out of the kitchen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seeing Amyia holding the sign reminds me of standing in front of the Hounsell's basement door, for the traditional "first day of school" pictures.

I love it =)

Anonymous said...

Vinay! Now that's a look for you. Seems y'all are doing fine in Florida. Be sure to stop by when in DC. My oh my, Kevalin and Amiya are growing fast.

Cheers,
Steve

Christy said...

Kelly - My Mom made me take the pic of Amiya with the sign! I wasn't going to take one for camp, but she persuaded me that it had to be carried on!

Steve - I agree, there's nothing at all for Vinay to be bashful about. Lots of men where beaded necklaces, especially on the beach. He should keep it on all the time. I think it would add a bit of levity to his lectures and I know his students wouldn't mind that.