
I'm so behind, but I'm trying, I swear!!! We had a very enjoyable July Fourth - a calm morning, nice naps all around and then a cook-out at Gabe's house. You know all is well in the world when Amiya and Gabe have plans to get together. It's the ultimate tool for us - she'll do anything for time with Gabe.
Our morning was spent at the pool. It was Kev's first swim and he loved it. Ok, well, he liked it. Um, I guess we can't say for sure what he thought because he showed no emotion other than, "What the hell are they doing with me now?" But I loved it. He looked too cute all slathered in sunscreen and decked out in his protective gear. He didn't cry at all and had a very nice nap upon returning home. Excellent.

Following afternoon naps we headed over to Gabe's house where Mister Matt set up a soapy Slip and Slide for the kids. In true Amiya fashion, she would neither slip nor slide. Instead she pranced to the end and then quite ungracefully plopped into the sudsy puddle. Over and over and over. She loved it and we loved it because she was soapy clean from all the suds and didn't need a big bath that night.
Our night ended with Amiya and I watching fireworks from our driveway and then the national fireworks in DC on TV. And then Amiya went to bed and we all listened to her yell for the next hour about how scared she was. I don't blame her, people in Florida can get just about anything and it really was very loud. So, Vinay sat by her door until she was asleep. I'm still not sure how much was actual fear and how much was our dear child manipulating the situation.
No comments:
Post a Comment