"Mommy, come quick! My eyes are leakin'!"
Always, always what one wants to hear. Off I went from a dozing baby in my arms on the couch to a leaking toddler in her bathroom. Vinay changed out the faucet in the kids' bathroom about a week or so ago so Amiya could complete all her toilet "stuff" on her own. She needs to be able to do it for school, so I wanted her to practice at home. Surprisingly, she gets the potentially disgusting parts right. It's the little things she forgets. Flushing, for example.
Today, the "I'm leaking!" summons got me off the couch in a hurry. Those words just aren't good. I walked through the foyer and was greeted by a wave of stench and instantly flashed back to fecal artwork. Happily, it was all contained within the enamel.
She repeated, "Mommy, my eyes are leakin'!" I checked, just a few tears. I explained that it was probably from the unbelievably powerful stench and stopped myself just short of a mini-lecture on the courtesy flush. She's too young. She corrected me about the stench, telling me that "it's not from the smell, Mommy, it's because I had to push so hard to get it out."
Well then. Ok.
No comments:
Post a Comment