It really is. The things that come out of these kids mouths and the way they move their little bodies is just about the best that we could ever dream up.
Today I was mock-scolding Vinay about something and I said, "Vinay! It's our children!" Kev wanted in on the action, too, because he turned to Vinay and said, "Nay! Ooh ne na cooola." So it doesn't sound exactly the same, but he completely had the inflection right on the Nay and children parts.
I went to wake Amiya up from her afternoon nap today so Vinay could take the kids to the kiddie gym while I go to a cardmaking party tonight. She had only fallen asleep about half an hour earlier and she did not want to get up yet. She mumbled, "I hope you're not coming to wake me up already because I'm not done sleeping." When did this happen? That's a fairly complex sentence and she's suddenly gone from "Mommy more nuffins peez." to the above. I repeat, when did this happen?
We're finding legos, tops and linking toys all over the house. We can't empty a garbage can without rifling through it to make sure Kev hasn't thrown away something precious or vital. We can relate entirely to that commercial where the Dad is frantically taking care of kids and then he hears the toilet flush and a little, breathy uh-oh! That is our daily existance.
Amiya tells us daily that we are her best Mommy and her best Daddy. We remind her that we're her only Mommy and Daddy, but it doesn't seem to matter. We are the best. We like that.
At night whoever puts Amiya to bed is subjected to the 3 Favorites ritual. We alternate, Amiya then parent, Amiya then parent, Amiya then parent, telling our favorite things for the day. Sometimes they are mundane (having a quesadilla for lunch), sometimes inane (riding a pink pony ???) and sometimes they are heartwarming (playing at the beach with Daddy). It's a ritual that she's come to love and that keeps us at her level re: what is most important to her.
2 comments:
Great Post!!! Mom
Need more.... Guess who
Post a Comment