Background

Voting

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Kevalin, oh, Kevalin

I popped the only two gray hairs I've had in my whole life during Kev's pregnancy and it was clearly a sign of things to come.



Climbing is the new thing and he never stops. Above you can see him (clearly on three different days as evidenced by the different outfits) after he has climbed onto the train table in the playroom.

For a while he would climb up there by stepping on the bean bag chair, so I moved that away. Then he used a pile of books, so those got put away where they should have been. Then he started popping his big toe into the hole in the drawer (see below) and using that as a means to climb.


I would have more pictures for you, but I'm usually busy saving his sweet little tush from sure head contusions with no time to get the camera.

See that window to Kev's left on the train table? If the blinds are up, Spidey Baby is up there, arms and legs out like a starfish, trying to get outside. I would very much like a picture of this, but the fall would just be too much. Maybe he'll bring out this neat party trick next time we have a playgroup here and then I'll be able to have one Mommy spot him while I get a pick.

And then, there's the crib theatrics. This young cherub will be out of his crib by December. I checked on him during his nap Tuesday afternoon only to find him stuck in the slats of the crib fully up to his groin. He was lying, sort of awake, sort of not, completely submissive. He knew he had done a silly thing. Impossible to get him out, I'm not quite sure how he got in there so tightly. One good, thick coat of vaseline and lots of whimpers on his part later and he popped out (perhaps he was seeking a non-cesarean birth experience???). Hopefully he won't repeat this experiment again.

Then there is the slide at the pool. Amiya has to be cajoled to go down the slide and is just now going down the slide by herself. Kev walks right into the pool (you know he just walks off the side and completely eschews the steps), he loves to be dunked and he loves going down the slide.

And finally, the kitchen chairs. We cannot, cannot keep him off of the kitchen chairs lately. He thinks he's hot shit sitting up there for all the world to see. He climbs, I pull him down. I turn to put the milk away, he's back. Monkey is such an apt name.

Vinay and I debate almost daily whether the differences between our two children are based on their sex or simply their personalities. Oh. My. I'm gonna need to wash that gray right outta my hair!

No comments: