Background

Voting

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Tell me how much you love me!!!

So, we're 7 weeks away from The 3 Day. I'm tired. Tired of walking, tired of Gatorade, tired of walking, tired of Panera (our pit stop) and mostly just tired of walking. But I'm not complaining because I'm not one of the ones dealing with chemo, radiation, etc. Just walking. I can handle it.

But, if you'd like to make sure I handle it really well the weekend of, think about dropping me a note, won't you? I don't really need you to tell me how much you love me, but I'd sure love to get a note from the "post office" at camp that says you're walking a mile around your neighborhood at the same time that I'm walking mine.

Here's what the 3 Day wants you to know:
* Only letters will be accepted - no boxes or packages.
* Letters must be postmarked 2 weeks prior to the event to ensure delivery at the 3-Day Camp Post Office.
* Send to:
3-Day Camp Post Office
[Participant Name]
PO Box 5487
Sarasota, FL 34277-5487

* Unclaimed mail will be available by request for 2 weeks after the event. Anything still in our hands after those two weeks will become property of the 3-Day and will be destroyed.

So, please think about sending me a little note. It'll be like you're there with me, massaging my feet or lancing my blisters! (How's that for incentive!?!?)

And, if you've got a few extra minutes on your hands and you want to give a boost to some other amazing women, here are the women on my team who would also appreciate a word or two of encouragement. It doesn't matter if you don't know them - we like when strangers honk and cheer us on on the road, so a letter isn't any different!
  • Connie Bainbridge, Survivor, Fellow Training Walk Leader
  • Margaret (Maggie) Brodsky
  • Mary Dobson - Fourth time participating in a 3 Day
  • Jennifer Erdmann
  • Pat Fairbanks, Second time walking, raised almost $10,000 in two years
  • Whitney Lohr
  • Amy McCall
  • Jessica Rasco, Second time participating in a long distance breast cancer walk
  • Joyce Raidle, Fourth time participating in a 3 Day

Feel free to pass this to friends and family - the more mail the merrier!

Christy

No comments: