Background

Voting

Thursday, May 08, 2008

A Picture is Worth...

... a thousand words, especially when I've only got ten minutes before Gray's starts!

Painting on the lanai a few weeks ago. Amiya paints, Kev dumps water. I love that her pictures are now landscapes, portraits, etc. as opposed to blobs.

They can hardly stand to be together, but holy cow try to separate them and see what happens.

If you squint and put your face right up next to the screen, you might be able to see Amiya doing her best princess wave from the front seat of that camel. This was a big deal. Followed by a big allergic reaction. Poor kid can't even ride a camel without getting sick!

The monkey exhibit at the zoo.

You see? I wasn't kidding about the headband thing. Here we see him channeling Jordy on Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Swimming lessons. Day 1 - dinosaur trunks, not a tear in sight. Day 2 - surf trunks, cries of terror. We'll be trying the dino shorts again on Day 3 to see if they hold a hidden power!

Kev's artwork. On the floor!!!!!!!

Saturday afternoon naptime. Kev sleeps for about 45 minutes alone and then has Vinay trained to come get him so they can cuddle on the couch.

She's all about writing us notes write now! LOVE IT!!!

And she's all about finding good deals. I looked back the other day while we were erranding around town and this is what I saw. Ha!

This must be from sometime when my parents were here in December. We just found it now - isn't it sweet?

And finally, not too much baking these past two weeks. I took the two weeks off because it was non-stop for a while! Above are the boxes that Vinay took in for the Administrative Assistants during that week. Each had 6 (or 8?) sugar cookies with fondant and royal decorations.

These were the boxes that Amiya took in for all (all!!!) of her teachers during teacher appreciation week. She absolutely positively had to thank 8 of the teachers at her school, so they only got 2 hand-painted apple cookies, as well as 4 more bags of assorted drop cookies. I love these cookies, I think they turned out SO cute!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Great family pictures and the cookies are awesome!