Practicing opening nice and big in the waiting room:
I was feeling so good, so confident. We brush his teeth at home, he was excited to be at the dentist, it was all going to be g.r.e.a.t!
The super patient and very-good-with-kids hygienist buzzed his little fingers with the spinny toothbrush so he could see how it would feel. Then she buzzed his nose, his ears, his noggin and his fingers again.
Ah, sweet victory, you are so close.
This is how he sat while the hygienist was getting the toothpaste ready.
I'd like to show you more of the appointment, but once she got near his teeth with that buzzing beast, I had to hold him down. This is where your story ends. But really, it was just the beginning of mine. Let's just say I have a few good bruises and an abnormally strong 3 year old. But, no digits were severed, no fancy, expensive dental chairs ruined. There's always a silver lining, right?
1 comment:
There is a Hounsell gene imbedded in his DNA that will make him actively try to escape dentists, barbers, and church ladies (the ones with too much perfume) until he is at least 12. This is normal.
-Mike
Post a Comment