Background

Voting

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The First Day of School 2011

Today was our first day of school for this year! Each year, our PTA hosts a breakfast for parents called the Cougie Cry - the joke is parents either come in boo-hooing or woo-hooing! Bet you can't guess what I was?!?

I was boo-hooing for this one. Chicky went into her classroom, sat at her desk and got to work. She gave me a long hug and my eyes started tearing up. Her classroom this year is such a change from previous years - stark and bare. (Which is good - the teacher isn't froofy and we all know I'm not froofy when it comes to school.) But it's just such a contrast. Our baby is growing up.
And I was woo-hooing for this one. He was the first to arrive in his classroom, too. And once he was in there, it was as if Vinay and I were invisible. And that's how it should be, right? But right now, three hours later, I'm feeling a little lonely for my sidekick. At this time last year, I would have been winding up whatever project I was taking on for the day and getting ready to go get him. Instead, I am sitting here doing this.

We were having fun with the signs this year. They all say, "First Day of ...." I wasn't quite sure what to have Vinay's say but I think he's ok with it.

Mine says, "First Day of No Kids at Home in Over 8 Years." The only thing I don't like is that my smile was so big it was pushing my eyes shut! Sheer giddiness will do that to a girl!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Christy, with all your interests, something tells me you will get right into the swing of things!

thatchristine.blogspot.com said...

LOVE the pictures! Who would have thought all those years ago that the first day of school pictures would be such a tradition. Welcome back to blogland. You have been missed.

Anonymous said...

Hello to all the Guptas, Christy you look very preety in the picture. Love, Aunt Odilia