Background

Voting

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Christmas by Amiya

Christmas was great. I got to spend lots of time with my Uncle Andy, Uncle Mikey, Auntie Melody and my Grampa and Gramma. Mommy and Daddy pretty much took care of the grown-up stuff like food and drinks and I took care of making sure nobody ever had a moment's peace or got bored. My Uncle
Andy and my Grampa came down on Thursday and that was great - I had a whole day of Uncle Andy all to myself. He's in a grown-up body, but I've got my doubts about him - he's really too much fun to be a grown-up. He played horse with me all the time and he even let me wear his baseball hat. He was also pretty good at cuddling - especially when it was a 'cary part in a movie. Uncle Andy was never too busy to pay lots of attention to me and I had a great time with him! The only thing I didn't like was that Uncle Andy wouldn't let me sleep with him. I don't understand this. Something about all my wiggling and giggling! I thought that's what I'm supposed to do!

The next day Uncle Mikey, Auntie Melody and Grandma came to our house. They got to our house really late so I didn't get to play with them a lot. But the next day was really great. We all went to see some manatees and then we went to the beach. I saw lots of birds and even some raccoons. Auntie Melody played with me on the playground - I really love her. Grandma also brought me lots of my favorite cheese and you know I ate way too much of that. That night was Christmas Eve and I have no idea what that means except that I got to open all my presents from Mommy and Daddy, my Grampa and Gramma, my Aunt and Uncles and my family in Rochester. I don't know about you, but I think the whole idea is pretty cool. I got lots of cool presents - a princess movie, a cash register, a fishing rod set, some musical instruments and a doctor set. I like all of my presents, but I like the fishing rod and the doctor set the best. Everyone I know is very healthy because I have given out lots and lots of shots since I opened it up. I also give a kiss after every shot to save my band-aids. Grandma sewed matching pajamas for everybody - check out the plaid!



(Please note that I tried to tell Mommy and Daddy that two different plaids don't really go todeller, but they wouldn't hear it.)

On Christmas Day we woke up and I checked to make sure Santa ate his cookies. He left me some great presents - a soccer ball, Cinderella and a game with some ladders and slides. I don't understand the real rules, so I make them up as we go. Then we all went to Busch Gardens and you know that that means I had to go see Dumphrey the Dragon. We started our day at Busch Gardens with an insanely long train ride, but it was ok because I got to give lots and lots of cuddles to Uncle Andy and Grampa. I also stole lots of Uncle Andy's popcorn, but don't tell my Mommy because I'm not supposed to eat that yet! We saw great big animals and a Christmas musical and then I got to ride on some motorcycles and a train. Finally we went to see Dumphrey and I made sure everyone knew the rules - no going up on the stage before the show. When it was time to dance I was doing my best. I can't really get my feet going at the same time as my hands but I sure do try! I got to go up on stage and dance with Dumphrey again - can you even believe it? I love Dumphrey so much and I gave him a very big hug when the show was over. After this it was time to go home and I was really tired. It's hard to keep so many grown-ups together but I did my best.

The next day was a quiet day around the house. I had to keep doing check-ups to make sure everyone was healthy enough to travel. After many more shots, I could tell that they were. All day long everybody kept telling me that they had to leave and that just made me sad. I love them all too much and I made sure I told them that every time I remembered.

On Tuesday morning I woke up and I knew it was not going to be my favorite day. The first thing I said to Mommy was that I didn't want to say goodbye to anybody. It was really hard, but I know I'll see them again soon. I just love them too much.

No comments: