Background

Voting

Sunday, January 14, 2007

The Birds and the Bees

Thursday, 2:30 PM

Christy walks into Amiya's classroom to pick up Amiya and her buddy Aubrey.

Miss Clare pulls Christy aside, laughing. (That's important.)

"I forgot to tell you. Your daughter is teaching us about the birds and the bees."

Christy almost drops Kev. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge.

"Really? What did she tell you because she doesn't know much."

"She just told us that a Mommy's uterus knows when it's ready for a baby and then the Mommy and the Daddy have a special hug and then the baby is there."

Laugh, laugh, laugh.

Thank you very much. Ok, so I guess we're the parents of the kid who knows some of the birds and the bees but not enough to really pass around naughty words at the playground.

Please, please help us because when it comes time to talk about what exactly a special hug entails I might just lose it.

No comments: