I hope anyone still reading has a very happy new year! If you've braved the google process, I appreciate it!
We pulled into Minocqua shortly before 6-8 inches of snow fell. It was a perfect white Christmas for Amiya. She built a snowman with Uncles Jon-o and Andy, Grandpa and Daddy. She went sledding with Uncles Jon-o and Andy, Grandma & Grandpa and Daddy. Ice fishing with Grandma and Uncle Jon-o. Making doughnuts with Grandma. Tea parties with Grandma. Filling the deer feeder and watching the deer with Grandma and Grandpa. And undisclosed quantities of hot cocoa and cookies. There are more photos coming soon in the mail and I'll upload a few when we have a chance.
While in Minocqua, Santa made his visit. One of the things I told Vinay before we went to Wisconsin was that I wanted Amiya to worry about if Santa would find her away from home and then marvel at the fact that he did. That almost didn't work because Mommy forgot to put the "Santa" presents in the car. And while I never thought I would say it, I was very, very grateful to Wal*Mart. A quick trip to Wally World saved the day. We had a lovely time visiting with my Mom's parents on Christmas Day, as well. Amiya spent most of that time badgering Super Grandma to play Candy Land (thank you Wal*Mart) and have tea parties. 
It took Kev quite a while to warm up to Grandma and Grandpa, but once he did it was all good. You can see him staring adoringly at Grandpa here - he knows who has the hammers and saws and blocks of wood to play with! And below he cuddles with Grandma. He was "walking" back and forth between Grandma and me and would give whoever he was walking to the biggest cuddles as soon as he got there. Hopefully he won't lose this familiarity with them and Vinay and I will be able to sneak away for a weekend when my parents visit in March.

Santa came through for Amiya with a red scooter - "just what I always wanted." He dropped it off before we left Tampa since he knew she wouldn't be able to ride it in the snow. She quickly mastered scooting around and has discovered the thrill of the slight decline of our driveway. She wears her helmet faithfully and even the smallest bump causes her to yell out, "G
ood 'sing I had my helmet on!"
In other news, Kev has, in fact, started to toddle around as long as he's got someone's finger to cling to. He seems far, far too young for this. It's odd the way we relate to him v. Amiya. We cheered her walking on every tiny step of the way. With Kev, we help him out and cheer, too, but inwardly we're sad about it. (I am, at least, Vinay denies it.) He's our last and growing up way too fast. We had to start him on PediaSure at the beginning of December as he is so tiny, so our nursing is finished. Again, growing up way too fast. On our trip he learned how to wave - an emphatic thrusting up and down of his entire right arm (a little Forrest Gump, honestly) and how to clap. Since returning home, Vinay has taught him to do a "big stretch" during which Kev throws both arms up over his head and pulls on his hair. He's almost got it!

Amiya finished up the year at school with a pajama party. Big, big excitement for the preschool set. She absolutely had to wear her plaid pajamas that Grandma made for her and take Clifford because "he matches, Mommy!" She spent her morning watching Pooh's Christmas, running around on the playground and snacking on tepid cocoa and popcorn. Her teacher had plans for grander things, but gave up and took the path of least resistance.
We had a fabulous, fabulous trip to Wisconsin for Christmas. We left Wednesday the 20th at roughly 6:30 PM and pulled into Champaign, Illinois the following day at
11:30. That was largely due to Vinay's driving - I could not have done what he did. Amiya didn't fall asleep that night until close to 10 - "I just have too much excitement in my body!" We had a lovely, home-cooked meal at my good friend Jacki's house. It was wonderful - good food, nice conversation and Jacki's two darling children for our two darling children to play with. Amiya and Carli got along perfectly - odd for two type A kids, but I'm definitely not complaining! Here you can see Carli and Amiya posing in front of Jacki's tree. Carli looks bright eyed and bushy-tailed, Amiya like she just got out of a 1,000 mile car ride. That's about right, so I suppose we can't tease her too much about this picture in the future!
11:30. That was largely due to Vinay's driving - I could not have done what he did. Amiya didn't fall asleep that night until close to 10 - "I just have too much excitement in my body!" We had a lovely, home-cooked meal at my good friend Jacki's house. It was wonderful - good food, nice conversation and Jacki's two darling children for our two darling children to play with. Amiya and Carli got along perfectly - odd for two type A kids, but I'm definitely not complaining! Here you can see Carli and Amiya posing in front of Jacki's tree. Carli looks bright eyed and bushy-tailed, Amiya like she just got out of a 1,000 mile car ride. That's about right, so I suppose we can't tease her too much about this picture in the future!It took Kev quite a while to warm up to Grandma and Grandpa, but once he did it was all good. You can see him staring adoringly at Grandpa here - he knows who has the hammers and saws and blocks of wood to play with! And below he cuddles with Grandma. He was "walking" back and forth between Grandma and me and would give whoever he was walking to the biggest cuddles as soon as he got there. Hopefully he won't lose this familiarity with them and Vinay and I will be able to sneak away for a weekend when my parents visit in March.
Santa came through for Amiya with a red scooter - "just what I always wanted." He dropped it off before we left Tampa since he knew she wouldn't be able to ride it in the snow. She quickly mastered scooting around and has discovered the thrill of the slight decline of our driveway. She wears her helmet faithfully and even the smallest bump causes her to yell out, "G
In other news, Kev has, in fact, started to toddle around as long as he's got someone's finger to cling to. He seems far, far too young for this. It's odd the way we relate to him v. Amiya. We cheered her walking on every tiny step of the way. With Kev, we help him out and cheer, too, but inwardly we're sad about it. (I am, at least, Vinay denies it.) He's our last and growing up way too fast. We had to start him on PediaSure at the beginning of December as he is so tiny, so our nursing is finished. Again, growing up way too fast. On our trip he learned how to wave - an emphatic thrusting up and down of his entire right arm (a little Forrest Gump, honestly) and how to clap. Since returning home, Vinay has taught him to do a "big stretch" during which Kev throws both arms up over his head and pulls on his hair. He's almost got it!
Amiya finished up the year at school with a pajama party. Big, big excitement for the preschool set. She absolutely had to wear her plaid pajamas that Grandma made for her and take Clifford because "he matches, Mommy!" She spent her morning watching Pooh's Christmas, running around on the playground and snacking on tepid cocoa and popcorn. Her teacher had plans for grander things, but gave up and took the path of least resistance.
Before leaving on our trip, I had two big cakes to make. The first is for our pediatrician's office as a thank you - they always are able to fit us in and give great care to our children. The second was for a teacher's luncheon where I used to work when we first moved to Florida. It was fantastic to be able to put my ex-boss' name on the naughty list.
Everything in each picture is edible except the medicine cup and the note. I also had about six bags to sew and ship - it's kind of fun to think that "my" bags were under the trees of about 15 different Moms and Grandmas this year. All the profit from sewing and cakes goes directly to the Three Day walk and I'm happy to report that I'm just shy of 25% of the total I need to raise. I'm looking to find a team to join to train with and get to know. If I'm going to be spending three days with all these walkers, I'd like to know a few of them beforehand!
Everything in each picture is edible except the medicine cup and the note. I also had about six bags to sew and ship - it's kind of fun to think that "my" bags were under the trees of about 15 different Moms and Grandmas this year. All the profit from sewing and cakes goes directly to the Three Day walk and I'm happy to report that I'm just shy of 25% of the total I need to raise. I'm looking to find a team to join to train with and get to know. If I'm going to be spending three days with all these walkers, I'd like to know a few of them beforehand!

2 comments:
Your posts are great. I love the writing and all the Christy--isms in them. I am glad you had an enjoyable trip....I can't think of when we will be brave enough to do that with Maddy; and she is only one.
I can't believe how big Kev is getting...it really is amazing how fast time goes by. I swear time goes faster after children.
Christyisms? I don't know what you're talking about!
Post a Comment