Background

Voting

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Clownin' Around

So, little man turns two next Saturday. He's having a circus birthday party because he's too little to have an opinion and even if he does the child only speaks ancient Romanian and we don't know what he's saying. So, circus it is.

I'm having a blast with this party. I think birthday parties for little kids are really for Moms to plan and get some of our creative juices out. The cake is going to be fabulous (I hope), the goody bags have been in the works for a while and while not all that creative, there's some good stuff inside and, there's a bubble show where they will actually put Kev in a bubble*. But, I think these are my favorite so far:



I made eighteen clown magnets - each unique. Some are bedecked with hats, some not, some with mop top curly heads and others just a bit of fuzz above the ears. Each is smiling without scary clown make-up. Amiya likes the guy with the blue bowler hat the best - I think I like the little guy with orange tufts over his ears and one lone orange curl on top of his head.

Anyway, I'm not sure I'm getting rid of a single one. Those goody bags are already full of fun stuff - don't you think eighteen clown magnets should stay on my fridge?


*Sadly bubble is only temporary and Kev will be back to his usual mischief within a few short moments.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love the clowns. More info please...polymer clay?

Christy said...

Yep, sculpey polymer clay. Really easy to work with and it has to be baked to dry which means you can walk away and come back without needing to somehow keep it from air-drying. 's nice!