Background

Voting

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Chicks in Turquoise


My Mom met someone many years ago via an online quilting group. That someone has since become one of her very dear friends. Being a typical daughter and moving in on all the good things in my Mom's life, I've moved in on that Friend, too. So now, we both call her Friend and care about her deeply.
Our Friend begins chemo tomorrow to have another go at cancer. She's beaten it once and we know she's going to beat this one, too. So, dear Friend, here are three generations of chicks wearing turquoise because we love you, we're thinking of you and we wish we could do more.

Fight, fight, fight!

2 comments:

Karen said...

You know, I was doing really good at holding it all together until I see you 3, and now I'm balling my eyes out. I have really been blessed in my life with wonderful friends like you. That's what makes this fight so personal. I'm not just doing this for me, but for that little girl in the middle, so that in years to come, hopefully, cancer will be a thing of the past. Love you all.

Christy said...

We love you, too, Karen. You're in my thoughts today.

Big (gentle) hugs - Christy