Background

Voting

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Help me.

I don't know how well you'll be able to read the screen shot above, but give it a try.

I walked in the playroom/den the other to find Kev at the computer. No biggie - he plays on pbskids.org at least daily. But he wasn't on PBS this time. He was on Google. He was googling. Let's remember that he's five (and just freshly five at that). How does a five year old know how to google? And what does this foretell?

So, we've had the "no googling unless Mommy or Daddy is sitting next to you" conversation. We just barely had that conversation with Amiya a few months ago when she was googling information about Polish culture. And we've already had it with the wee man who is not yet in Kindergarten or dry all night long.

Help me.

2 comments:

Karen said...

It sure looked innocent enough, but you never know where it can go. When Mike was in 7th grade (at a Catholic school, mind you) Jack found an address in the cache of our computer that he didn't recognize. Turns out one of the boys at Mike's school was making disks with pictures of Pamela Sue Anderson in the buff and "sharing the wealth". I can laugh about it now, but then it wasn't so funny.

Christy said...

Karen - that's exactly it! An innocent search can bring up a mess of stuff. Amiya looked up something like "red Polish dancing shoes" because women in traditional Polish dress often wear red boots. I am SO glad I was next to her when the results came up.