For a few weeks, Amiya's gymnastics classes have been passing out fliers for a Daddy/Daughter Dance that they were doing as a fundraiser. Vinay and I knew about it long before Amiya did and had plans for Vinay to take her since day 1. Amiya, when given the flier after class one night, wanted to go so badly, but I told her I didn't think it was a good idea because it was on her birthday and we all wanted to be together. Plus, I said I didn't think Daddy would like it. She came home and presented her case to Daddy, but he agreed with me. Crushing blow.
On her birthday, she opened up her presents to find a volleyball, a pair of rollerblades and the pretty dress you see below. She also got a gift certificate to the Mommy Salon - where her hair was sprayed into a fancy bun and her toes and fingers were polished with a pretty shade of pink. And finally, she got to borrow Mommy's pink pearl necklace and earrings. H.e.a.v.e.n.!.!.!.

She was oh! so! excited! when it came time to go. Hair done, toes pretty, even mary janes with a little heel (thanks to our friend Sherri who saved the day on the shoes!) and a beautiful new dress. And Daddy looking so handsome in his shirt and tie!

They had a wonderful time - for the most part. Vinay could have done without the shrieking everytime a Justin Bieber song came on! When Amiya came home she said that Daddy twirled her, taught her to waltz and fox trot and even did the YMCA. She crawled up on his lap for cuddles and told him over and over again how special the night was. Brought a few tears to my eyes - she's trying so hard to be so grown up, but she's really still a little girl. So precious!
No comments:
Post a Comment