Background
Voting
Monday, April 11, 2011
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (AKA I am a great daughter/mommy.)
I am living proof that certain traits skip generations. For example: sewing. My Mom loves fabric craftiness, my Chicky loves fabric craftiness. Me, not so much. Further example: musicals. But, because I am always willing to sacrifice my own happiness for the happiness of my family, because I am a team player, I alerted my Mother and my Daughter that Seven Brides for Seven Brothers was playing clear across town, on a school night, uphill both ways in drifts of snow. That's right. I was willing to take one for the team.
The dynamic duo, prior to our outing. Cute, hey?
On our way, we passed a restaurant called Pierogi Grill. I always say that Amiya should know more about her Polish heritage, so in we went. The pierogies were good, the galumpki just so-so. (Nothing can compare to Grandma's.) But the highlight? Seeing these two goofballs play with each other. I won't show all the pictures because I want my Mom to continue to speak to me. Let's just say she better stay on my good side.
This is a good one. Isn't it cute?
Uh-huh. I was pretty much the chaffeur. I'm lucky they let me sit at the same table as them. When Grandma's around I'm superfluous. Chopped liver. The fifth wheel.
And ditto at the movie theatre. There was singing, there was joking, there was discussing the finer points of dancing red-headed lumberjacks with the poor ladies two rows back. I was just there to fetch the popcorn. But that's alright. I like fetching popcorn for these two. I like it a lot. Even if it's uphill both ways to the concession stand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Your right it's got to be a genetic thing I love the movie Seven Brides For Seven Brothers also, it is a classic movie that makes you feel good about watching it. You guys have such great times together!
Your right it is a genetic thing. I love "Seven Brides For Seven Brothers" it is a classic movie that you feel good about watching. Great times and happy memories are what you guys have!
I didn't think my first comment went through. Love to all!
Love you too, Aunt Dilly.
The important question is whether Dawn, April and Janelle love Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and whether their daughters do, too. That information will prove or refute my conclusions!
Post a Comment