Background

Voting

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Ear Infection #81,924,004

It's been confirmed, our darling daughter has yet another ear infection. Sigh. Well, we knew she wasn't perfect and now we know exactly where she isn't perfect - her ears! So, we're on another round of anti-biotics which completely puts the kabosh on big girl underwear at naptime. Antibiotics do funny things to a kids system and in turn, awful things to the sheets.

She's taking it fairly well and hasn't complained of pain yet, but every single disagreement is a source of tears. For example, she'll ask for her new favorite snack: fruit snacks. If I say no, her little chin quivers and then all-out wailing commences. If she wants to run around naked in the pouring rain, I say no and a tantrum ensues. If she tells me Barney is yellow and I say no, that's BJ I am suddently candidate for Worst Mom of the Year 2005. All things in perspective, I guess, because two minutes later she's giving hugs and cuddles and telling me how she loves to snuggle.

Here is this morning's photo of our peanut, covered in her Elmo cereal that Grandma had the amazing foresight to send just when Amiya needed a hot breakfast cereal most. She loves it and doesn't even notice that she's not getting any milk with it!

No comments: