Background

Voting

Friday, September 23, 2005

Letter to Obelix

Dear Obelix,

You are eighteen weeks today. Whoohoo! Thanks for the little kick this week - you can start those more often anytime you'd like.

We heard your little swish-thump of a heartbeat this Tuesday. Your big sister heard it too, although she probably thought the doctor was just making a rumbly tummy a lot louder.

I have a few things I'd like you to work on for me and really the first is the most important. You're such a creative little one, I can tell already but if you'd move back to some Chick Flick or G-rated movies, I'd like it. You're causing all these dreams that are making think you might be the next Arnold Schwarzenegger or Jean Claude Van Damme. In the past week you've had me dreaming all kinds of things and none of them are dreams I'd pay $7 to go see at the theater.

Aside from that, the heartburn is a bit much lately, but I'll deal. If it means you're already growing all that Gupta hair, it's ok. We get to see you again on October 19th and I wonder if there is going to be a little fuzzy halo just like there was for your sister. Your Daddy hated it, but I used to say that your sister was going to come out as a gorilla she was so hairy.

Are you a boy or a girl, Obie? I think boy, but that doesn't mean much. I really believed boy with your sister. Clearly I was wrong. I had a dream that you are a girl and that when you are/will be born you weigh 7 pounds 9 ounces. I also knew exactly your name, but I can't write that here and give away the goods. We're not going to find out if you're a boy or a girl, but I'm very, very curious. Your Daddy and I might do a little unscientific study and pee on some drain-o to see, but we'll keep the real surprise until the big day. Almost halfway there, Obie.

Love you already,
Mommy

No comments: