Background

Voting

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Best Moment of the Day

Yesterday, Amiya came and curled up on my lap while I was doing some housework. She needed me to put her necklace on her so she could continue with her dress-up plans. I told her that I'd have to steal a kiss since she was already on my lap. Instead she gave me a kiss and a big, big cuddle. So sweet. I told her I'd always take her cuddles because someday when she's 13 and a teenage girl she won't want to give Mommy cuddles anymore.

She started crying. Melt my heart. "I don't want to grow up, Mommy, because I want to always want to give you cuddles."

And today, Kev woke up in his room around 6:40 and Vinay went to go get him while I snoozed in bed unaware of all of this. But Kev didn't want Daddy, he wanted Mommy. So he shooed Vinay out of the room, closed his door and went back to rest. Around 7:00 he got tired of waiting for Mommy, so he let himself out of his room and padded into our room. (This is unheard of, he never gets up without someone carrying him out of his room.) He climbed onto our bed, right on over Mommy and woke me up with kisses and "Hi Mommy!" over and over again.

Does it get any better?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your "Cup Runneth Over"!
Mom