Everyday I checked many of your blogs, but just couldn't get four minutes to rub together and post. Life with Kev is busy. When I started calling him monkey way back when, I had no idea how apt it would be.
Everyday he amazes us with some new phrase that he has taken out of nowhere and made all his own. I have to start a little list, because I'm forgetting them even now. At least once a day he'll utter some cute little something or other and Vinay will look at each other and wonder where the speech-delayed, audiologist-seeing little one went. (For those keeping track at home, yes, another tally for the "My goodness, she really is a worrier column.")
We've had a great week or so since the last post. Post-election euphoria has been tampered down a bit with calm admiration for the get-to-work attitude we've seen.
I celebrated my birthday in fine fashion last week - I was awoken with two very lovely cards (one homemade, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!) and a beautiful bouquet of red roses. I made a cake during the day (not for me, but a super cute design so I was thrilled) and then the Guptas went out for dinner and to a movie as a family. There couldn't have been a better day! Yay for us!
This week, I thought, was going to be fabulous! We had a day off from school on Tuesday for Veteran's Day, so after calling Grandpa and the Uncles, we headed up to the park for a massive playdate of many of our former moms club friends. A beautiful day at the park - but when we came home I noticed Amiya's eyes were pink. She took a bath to wash the pollen and sand off and then to bed she went for a nap. I thought her eyes would be clear upon awaking.
Not so.
Off to the doctor she went. $25 later, 1 case of conjunctivitis and a note that she couldn't go back until Thursday. So, Wednesday should have just been pink eye and done.
Not so.
Coughing, low-grade fever, achiness, cough-induced vomitting, etc. Good times. Stay home Thursday, too. But surely, by Friday, she'd be fine.
Not so.
Friday morning, still coughing up not-so-delicious bits and pieces. Off to the doctor. Some sort of bacterial infection, antibiotics course.
While at the docs, I had him take a peek at Kev, too, since he was a little cough-y, a little stuffy, a little pink. I didn't think it was anything more than a cold.
Not so.
Also on antibiotics, also being treated for pink eye now.
See?
Poor little guy. This was after a 3 hour nap today and several warm compresses to degunk his eyes enough to open them up.
The good news, for him, is that being sick means all the Dumbo and Jungle Book (which he calls Elephans and beas (bears)) he can handle, along with juice boxes, icees from Target and sherbet for supper. Life is, somewhat, good, I guess!
On a much happier note, it has been sort of nice to be home with the kids this week without the hustle and bustle of getting ready for school by 7:20 every morning. There's been some talk of homeschooling Amiya and I've always balked, but maybe. I know, 4 days does not a good sample make. But maybe. That's all I'm saying. Maybe.
3 comments:
Wow, that's quite a week for the three of you. Hopefully the kids will be back...I won't say "in the pink"...feeling better soon. Hang in there Christy.
Man, that is one crazy week. Sorry the kids are under the weather, and that I missed your birthday (what day is it exactly?) 'cause you know I love a chance to break out the cardmaking supplies :)
Happy Belated Birthday Christy. Hope the kids are better soon.
Post a Comment