Background

Voting

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Pacifirus Extinctus

Whoohoo! We are officially a pacifier-free family!!!

You may recall a very trying three days a few months ago when it was non-stop screaming at nap and bedtime. We went cold turkey on the pacifier and the little monkey was having none of it.

Fast forward to last Wednesday when I sat at Panera with other Moms from Kev's playgroup. We were all talking about the battle of the pacifier and I got a hair you know where. It's just time for him to be done with it. So, I came home and snipped the tips off 3 of 4 when he wasn't looking. The intact pacifier (the yellow one) was hidden in case this experiment went horribly wrong at three o'clock in the morning.

I offered Kev a pacifier at naptime that day and he popped it in and tried to make it feel right, but it just wasn't working. So, he handed it back to me and tried out the other two. Nothing doing. He popped one in my mouth and lunged for the crib.

Done. How nice is that?

No comments: