Background

Voting

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fall in Florida

It was about 89 F here in the shade today. I'll leave it to you to find an adjective to describe my feelings re: fall in Florida.

Anyway, since it decidedly isn't fall in Florida now (or ever), we're forcing the issue and bringing it ourselves.

Amiya and I made fall cookies for her teachers and for Mr. Bernie who won the acorn contest. They're on their way!

Our favorite Jack O' Lantern - she lost her top right front tooth last Thursday while eating a Haagen-Daaz bar (the child has good taste). It's adorable, absolutely adorable. Yet, very sad - stop growing so quickly! She's also cutting at least two molars, so her mouth is in a lot of pain. At least she says it is. It doesn't slow down the sounds coming out of it, so it's hard to be sure.

The best I could get at the pumpkin patch today. Kev and I went in the morning and I took Amiya and Kev in the afternoon to buy pumpkins. Kev was having no part of it, Amiya was trying so hard. She's such a trooper and he's such a stinker!

We got to see my Aunt Mia in Orlando last week. She was in town for a girl's week, so we drove over for ice cream and a quick visit! It was absolutely great to see you, Aunt Mia! Especially amusing was Kev (and even Amiya) calling her Grandma throughout the visit. Although their actual Grandma is very fabulous and they love her to pieces, Aunt Mia wouldn't be a bad choice if they had to pick one! Those two sisters are something wonderful!

No comments: