Background

Voting

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Obligatory First Day Pics

Busy, busy. Both kids going to school means way more organization than I can remember having in recent years! Lunches made at night, clothes laid out, bags packed and ready at the door like little soldiers. But, so far, sooooooooo good. I got to walk, swim and improve my karma all by myself yesterday - no little 'helpers' anywhere to be found. Bliss!

Amiya's first day was uneventful - she's in week two now. She started second grade with a (we think) great teacher. She's also heading to the advanced math for now, so she's a 6 year old in second grade doing third grade math. It's a miracle my head fits through the door I'm so proud sometimes. That's not to say she doesn't have challenges - her homework the past two days has been so basic that she could have been done in four minutes. But her handwriting is so atrocious it took twenty. So, it all balances out.


And then, there's my little man. His first day of preschool was yesterday. I thought he might cry and have an accident, but oh! Silly me. He did fantastically well and can't wait to go back tomorrow!!! Whoo-the-hoo! And I didn't even have to cut his sandwich into an animal shape.

Does he not look so tall in this picture? He does, I know. Unreal. Both kids are in huge growth spurts right now - resulting in a lot of sorting of clothes and piles for Goodwill.

Ooooooooooh. Down to the wire, right Mom? I'm messing with you!!! (Because I love you.)

Tomorrow will be a recap of our travels to and from Wisconsin's Dairyland - and then each day after that a bit about what we did while there. Fun, fun, fun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My cup runneth over....there is a blog update.

Karen said...

Wahoo...day one...and pictures to boot...life is good! Too bad there are only 30 days this month :)

Marlene said...

Hooray for Sept 1st :)
I love the signs, and how proud they both look. Enjoy that new-found freedom!

Christy said...

Hey Marlene - My Mom always used to make us hold signs for these pictures, so I'm carrying the tradition forward.

Karen, maybe I'll be so in the habit of blogging that I'll keep on keepin' on.

Love you Mom!