Background

Voting

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

These are a few of his favorite things

Rocks in the driveway and some in the forest,
These are the things that made Kev ignore us.
Give him some granite or chunks of lucite,
Pebbles or boulders will be taking flight.
When the rocks are gone, when the road is clear, when the boy is spent,
he'll simply forego rocks for sticks and start all over again.

Clearly I did not miss my calling by being a Mommy instead of a lyricist, but it just fits. The little man spent practically the whole summer filling five gallon buckets with rocks of all shapes and sizes. I don't think a day went by that I didn't have several "dandy" rocks in my pockets. And if it wasn't rocks, it was sticks. My parents won't need to collect little odds and ends sticks to start a fire for a few years. Gotta love free and abundant entertainment.

No comments: