Background

Voting

Friday, August 19, 2005

Amiya went to bed last night at 7:30 - she had a day filled with swimming lessons, playing at the pool and a playdate with her good friend Gabe. She also chose not to nap in the afternoon. So, Daddy put her in at 7:30 while Mommy was out at a fantastic restaurant with other Mommies.

She stirred a bit last night when Mommy came home, so I snuck in for some cuddles and back rubs. I think I've got a magic touch as she slept this morning until 9:40. That's when I heard the first peeps. 9:40, Friends, 9:40! I was counting my lucky stars as I couldn't fall asleep after returning from dinner and that extra quiet time in the morning was just what I needed.

I walked into Amiya's room as soon as I heard her up and about, only to find her curled up, eyes closed, cuddling bear and covered with her snuggly dino blanket. I said, "Are you ever going to wake up?" big fake snore. "I'm so lonely without you, Amiya!" another big fake snore, broken up with a giggle. "Ok then, I guess I'll leave and let you have some more rest." "No Mommy, I was just tendin'!" Big smiles and one really, really, really wet and stinky diaper.

What a kid!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

9:40!!!!!!!!! Can she call Carli and have a discussion about sleeping a little later like that. For Carli, late is 6:05!!!!

Jacki

Christy said...

An angel? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Christy said...

Still laughing 24 hours later. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

:-) Love you Friend!