Background

Voting

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Mmmm. Cheesecake.

Yesterday night, my husband had a strong craving for cheesecake. (See couvade syndrome) :-) So, we stopped at the store with a decent bakery (why, oh why, is this part of Tampa so lacking in anything non-chain?!?!) and bought a small cheesecake. Eight servings of cheesecake. Do the Guptas really need eight servings of cheesecake? Nooooooooooooo. But it is mighty tasty!
And Amiya thinks so, too. I thought she'd be a bit hesitant about it, but she went at her full slice full force and had it gone before Mommy or Daddy could finish their portions. ( As an aside, she washes her cheesecake down with tepid Ovaltine that we call hot cocoa. She thinks she's a grown-up because she's drinking a "hot" beverage.) Same thing tonight, although we used it to our advantage and got absolutely everything we needed her to do done with the threat of withholding the almighty cheesecake. She just might have eaten an onion to get to that cheesecake.

And this is just one more tic in the "Yes, she is my daughter!" category. Although I can't recall a time I've eaten cheesecake wearing only big girl underwear with poodles on them.

4 comments:

Christy said...

Because if I have to eat pumpkin stuff at Thanksgiving, it may as well be ratcheted up with tons and tons of calories and taste rich and creamy and not too-pumpkiny. I still think it's a great idea - I'm just not the baker to get it there! :-P~

Anonymous said...

Cheesecake is the perfect food you know --- Amiya is a smart girl!!!!!

Jacki

PS -- I am making cheesecake tonight, is she coming over tomorrow?

Christy said...

Amiya is staying home and *I* am coming over. She doesn't know the difference between frozen Sara Lee cheesecake and delightful homemade cheesecake but I do!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay the cheesecake bites are done and should be set and ready to cut in about 30 minutes. So, you had better hurry because I think Lynn may inhale them first if you are not here.

Jacki