This, dear Friends, is Amiya's newest and coolest saying. We hear it ALL the time.
"Amiya, please eat your beans."
"What did you say?"
"Amiya, time to float."
"What did you say?"
"Amiya, Clifford's purple!"
"What did you say?"
Yesterday night, I went into her room to see that she was fast asleep and... she wasn't deeply, but sort of in that raspy-voice, slow-moving stage. She pulled her groggy head up when she saw me enter the room and I said, "It's ok, Baby, I'm just covering you up."
What do I get?
"What did you say?"
It's almost entirely reflexive now, but not quite fully. She does not pull it out of her cute little phrase pocket if, for example, the preceding statement involves cookies, ice cream or going down the slide at the pool.
"Amiya, are you ready for some ice cream?"
"Yes!"
"Amiya, should Daddy take you down the slide?"
"Yes!"
Funny how this works, eh?
No comments:
Post a Comment