I made cute garlands
Kev's garland features all sorts of animals and bright, jungle-inspired patterns. It's hanging in the playroom since he doesn't have a room of his own this year. Also because nobody plays in the playroom like Kev. It can be spotless one minute and the next there is a complete and total dinosaur infestation. Never walk barefoot in the playroom at night - the spines of a styrachosaurus can really do some damage! (I'll explain why Kev is taking a bow in a later post. It's important.)
Léna's garland is pinks and oranges - I wanted something a little Valentine-y, but she is not a pink girl at all. She loves orange, so I had to hunt for a paper that used both colors. Her two end pieces still need something - I am on the hunt for cute otter clip art, but nothing is really speaking to me.
And finally, see those milk bottles on the table? I did those, too. It was tedious, tedious work.
I had to drink four Starbucks Frappucinos to get the bottles and those aren't my favorite drink, but I persevered. Spray paint the bottles, stick a few stickers on, grab some tulips (my favorite!!! In season!!! Now!!!) and done. I like their simpleness. And I love that they were DIY.
More posts coming soon - and they'll be kid-focused. While last week was a good week in some ways, it was a hard week to be a Mom in Tampa. Big discussions about scary things. Hug your kids tight if you can, it's a crazy world.
7 comments:
LOVE what you did with the bottles what a cute idea!!!
Thanks Dawn - me too! I saw it on a blog somewhere, but I cannot remember where. The hardest part really was the beverage in them - blegh!
Great diy projects. Sometimes it's fun to just create. Love all the scrapbook paper banners.
Thanks Karen! I'm having a lot of fun lately. There are so many great ideas on all the blogs out there!
Denny would of been more then happy to drink all of those for you! We used to get those, now they are a "special" treat when I get them for him. I like them, but the sugar and caffeine is not recomended for me these days :(
Sewing on paper is perfectly acceptable if you have a dedicated needle!
I do not have a dedicated needle just for paper and I am using it right. this. moment. to sew fabric. (But it's just a quick garland, so it's not anything precise.) Oh. my. Do I have to turn my machine in for improper usage?
Post a Comment