Background

Voting

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Science Fair, Take II

So someone thinks he should have been able to participate in the science fair along with his sister. Because going through the process with one wasn't fun enough?!

Our compromise: a board about dinosaurs. We've finally settled on dividing his favorite dinosaurs into the categories of theropods, sauropods and pterosaurs. The problem is that I don't know the difference between all these dinosaurs (which are not the same as pterosaurs?!?) and so I have to do a whole lot of reading to know if he's putting stuff in the right spots. I should probably just trust him - he's got every episode of Dino Dan and Dinosaur Train memorized so I'm guessing he's one Rachel shy of being the next Ross Geller.

He's not very happy with me - he wants to just attack the whole project - but I told him we need to plan. So we're post-it note happy and planning which dinosaurs go where. Here he's 'reading' up on the stegasaurus, hoping to find the name of a distant cousin to it. "Because evewybody alweady knows the stegasauwus, Mom."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is some serious studying going on there.

thatchristine.blogspot.com said...

Such a problem you have going on here.... kids that want to learn and do more in school. I love it!

Christy said...

I'm not saying it's a problem - I love that he wants to do this stuff. But it's a bit like herding cats to get him to focus on the size limitations of one poster board. We cannot put every dinosaur up there, no matter how 'impowtant' it may be! That's where the frustration is - reigning the boy in!

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so cute and awesome!
Schwarkie