Amiya fell not one, not two, but three more times yesterday while at Busch Gardens. She is as bruised and banged up as she's ever been and obviously not as graceful as usual. Her nose is completely scraped, the skin between lips and nose a mess and her lips are pretty much hamburger like right in the center. The good news is the child loves to have salve put on, so we've been doing that and will continue to do so. She's far more concerned about the toenail she pulled off yesterday and the fact that it hurts. She won't admit that she caused that owie and has power to not do it again. Sigh. Mommy and Daddy are watching her carefully because we're now at 5 falls in 4 days. That's a lot of falls for Amiya. It's most likely nothing at all, but we (I, specifically, Vinay is a bit more grounded) are the epitome o
f paranoid parents.Despite all the scrapes and lacerations, Amiya is sunny and cheerful this morning. Last night the Moms in our Mom's Club held a baby shower for me at a yummy Thai restaurant. It was a very, very nice time (when isn't it when we can actually talk without wiping noses and/or bottoms?) and we were given very thoughtful gifts. Amiya and I went through the basket today and found gifts for Mommy, gifts for the baby, a frame and a CD that Amiya and the baby can share and even a coloring book for Amiya. She was thrilled with the gifts but how can anything compete with the big yellow sun shining down on Amiya when she woke up this morning? The balloon is a big, big hit. Her only complaint is that Mommy won't let her play with the balloon unless I am in the room and can give her/it my undivided attention. See first photo for reasons why and you can understand the paranoid parent part. Anyway, an order of pad thai and crab rangoon and a night out with people I really enjoy - what an excellent way to pass an evening! Thanks Friends!!!
2 comments:
I know how that goes. I fall down alot too. That's why I have these bruises. It's not because Melody beats me like an egg. I swear
She's a quiet, demure wife, Mikey. She'd never beat you! ;-)
Post a Comment