Background

Voting

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Are these not the cutest?


A good friend of mine in the neighborhood loves to sew all sorts of very cool bags and purses, so I asked her to sew matching diaper bags for Amiya and I. They are fantastic from top to bottom and while it doesn't look like it due to the flash, the lining matches the colors of the bag p.e.r.f.e.c.t.l.y.

I didn't really know how I felt about the idea of the baby giving Amiya a present which is what a lot of people do now when the older sibling meets the baby for the first time. Not that I think Amiya is a baby genius but she knows that baby isn't out yet and she'll figure out that it hasn't really been shopping. So, instead I decided to make Amiya a little diaper bag and fill it with all sorts of Mommy things so she can play Mommy to her dolls and take her bag along if she wants. We'll fill it with a changing pad, diapers, a snuggli, burp cloths, etc. Mine says Mommy and hers says Didi which is what the baby will call her. Most likely hers will quickly be converted to an acorn bag, but for as long as she wants she'll have her very own bag that is just as important as Mommy's bag.

No comments: