Background

Voting

Monday, January 02, 2006

Happiness is...

... Amiya going to the bathroom for the first time all by herself!!! It was very quiet and Vinay and I both realized we didn't know to where she had gone. We found her peeing/wiping in the bathroom. A little pee was on the toilet seat, but overall a HUGE step for Amiya!

... scheduling a date to meet Obelix. If he/she stays put, we'll meet for the first time on March 1st.

... getting a big ol' list of things to do to give Amiya a fantastic birthday party. It's her third birthday this year and just a few short weeks after Obie gets here. Since she's so into birthday parties and because her whole world is going to be turned upside down, we've decided that she is going to have a big ol' party. (Um, sort of. Still no circus acts or minor celebrity appearances.) I've got the invitations done and am now working through a list of other things that can be done pre-Obie (p.O. from now on) so as to make the after-Obie (a.O. from now on) time as calm as can be.

... being told that I am the "best maker of all." Upon further clarification, it was amended to the "best maker of pork" as that was our dinner selection tonight. Do not worry if you do not have a "best maker of" title at this time. It has been made clear that I am not the best maker of tomatoes - I leave that challenge to you.

... having Daddy home for four days straight. Amiya's been in heaven as Vinay has had a four day weekend.

No comments: