Background

Voting

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Little Golden Presents

You may remember my excitement about Amiya going to the bathroom all by herself. I'm past that.

She now goes into our bathroom, as well, to the little toilet that is an entity in and of itself as opposed to the little seat we place on top of the regular toilet that is in her bathroom. She goes in, seats herself, leaves a sparkling present, dries up and places the toilet paper in our toilet. She flushes the paper, but doesn't pour out the liquid offering she's left behind.

We, umm, me, really, never looks in that tiny toilet because how can it even be possible that she's old enough to be doing this on her own? Just a few days ago she was banging on our coffee table in Illinois with a plastic hammer full of primary colored beads. Anyway, I never look in the damn toilet until my super sensitive pregnant nose picks up day-old urine odors and I figure out that once again she's done it. She's such a verbose little thing - don't you think she could find the words to say, "Mommy, I peed and it'd be swell if you could deal with it pronto."

Thankfully, there's Febreze.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Except that it will be not 3 diapers a day but closer to 15. Fun, fun, fun...

V

Christy said...

Awwwwwww, Daddy's getting ready for reality! It'll be fun, Sweetie. Think of all those (relatively) benign smelling diapers compared to when solid foods start!