Here's a picture from her last day of gymnastics before the winter break. The kids had their normal 15 minute rotation of the different stations and then (surprise!!!) they each got a medal. I don't think they figured out that the medals weren't really for them, but left over from a previous meet for the competition team. It didn't matter though, the kids were thrilled and were happy to show off their stuff.

Grandma and Grandpa joined us this week to check her out and we were all amused by her foibles, as well as proud of her effort. Amiya came out of the gym with rosy cheeks and big smiles, especially when Grandpa called her Shawn Johnson.
I think she's perfectly adorkable, don't you?
4 comments:
She is so cute! I love reading your blog.
Schwarkie
Adorkable indeed :)
Thanks Schwarkie! I'm glad to have reconnected with you! Yeah for Facebook!
Marlene - did you get the cookies in the mail? How was your trip?
Yes indeed, I did get your package! I was going to call you and thank you in person this weekend :) I'm glad you posted what they *should* have looked like because the post office ddi quite a job on them.
There is a trip update on the 'ol blog and more to come if you want to check it out!
Post a Comment