We started the evening with Kev and my Dad watching Dumbo. I hope watching TV with the little guy is always so interactive - we can't get through a scene without him yelling out the types of animals on the screen, as well as their role in the family. "Iss a Mommy hippo, Mommy! Iss a Mommy hippo!" The pictures a little blurry, but that's good. It makes the psycho dancing elephants seem like the drug trip that they surely were.

Following Dumbo and a delicious dinner prepared by Grandma, we headed outside to light some sparklers. My thought was to place them upright in the ground and let 'em burn. It seems that wasn't the idea Vinay thought best - oh no. He was going to hold one and use it to light the others and then place the one he had been holding back in the ground. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.
I'll pause until you're done laughing, too.
All better now? So yeah, that didn't work out too well for him, but the three other grown-ups were laughing with him, not at him, so that's ok, right?

Today, Dad and Vinay headed out to golf and so Grandma, Kev, Amiya and I headed to the zoo. I'm not sure if I've ever been there when it's been that busy, but we still had a good time. Kev initiated a whole conversation with some gibbons that pretty much the whole zoo could hear. The best part was spending a calm afternoon with two kids away from toys that make noise, Webkinz and Dumbo.
Following Dumbo and a delicious dinner prepared by Grandma, we headed outside to light some sparklers. My thought was to place them upright in the ground and let 'em burn. It seems that wasn't the idea Vinay thought best - oh no. He was going to hold one and use it to light the others and then place the one he had been holding back in the ground. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.
I'll pause until you're done laughing, too.
All better now? So yeah, that didn't work out too well for him, but the three other grown-ups were laughing with him, not at him, so that's ok, right?
Today, Dad and Vinay headed out to golf and so Grandma, Kev, Amiya and I headed to the zoo. I'm not sure if I've ever been there when it's been that busy, but we still had a good time. Kev initiated a whole conversation with some gibbons that pretty much the whole zoo could hear. The best part was spending a calm afternoon with two kids away from toys that make noise, Webkinz and Dumbo.
I think we can safely say that the 2009 holiday season was a lot of fun and we'll have some great memories. It's very different from a holiday with lots of family, so we make it our own. But, as evidenced by this picture of Kev, all good things must end. I think the Guptas are tired. Everyone napped today, everyone is in, or on their way to, and everyone will be chilling for the remaining four days of vacation. Life is good if this is our biggest concern, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment