The poster was (I'm thinking) larger than it needed to be. But, it's what she wanted to do and no parameters were given. (Don't say I didn't tell you earlier to buy stock in science fair boards.)
(Have I mentioned that I like parentheses?)
Here she is with her poster:
So we found and printed pictures together. Then we cut them out, mounted them on paper and did a mini-math measurement lesson to figure out how big her white caption labels had to be. Then we scooted over to the computer (back to the loving the computer mood) and created text boxes to her caption measurement specifications, typed in our text, printed 'em off, etc., etc. She can't do things the easy way (further proof that she is my daughter). But I guess in this social studies project she got reading, research, history, medicine (discussing polio and vaccinations), sociology (discussing the racism of the Japenese internment camps), math and computer-literacy practice. A single-discipline focus, but a multi-disciplinary experience. I love it.
Anyway, that's all for now. I am having trouble cutting and pasting her text into blogger, but I'll work hard at it since I know you're waiting on the edge of your seats. It's titillating stuff, this third grade history.
No comments:
Post a Comment