I don't know if you've heard. Maybe you have, since most of you live in the land of cheese. THE PACKERS WERE IN THE SUPER BOWL. Some things have to be yelled. It's just the way it is.
They hadn't been in the Super Bowl since I was in college. And even though that was just a few years ago (ahem), it was still a big deal and we had to celebrate, so we invited some friends.
In light of the fact that we are Cheeseheads (Vinay by marriage) living out of the land of cheese, I decided we needed to go with a classic Green Bay meal - sloppy joes, cut up veggies, Lays potato chips, root beer and rice krispy treats. This was Mary Hounsell food through and through. We also decked out the house a bit in green and gold. (Consequently, I know a fair amount about buying astroturf at Home Depot if you ever need help.)
They hadn't been in the Super Bowl since I was in college. And even though that was just a few years ago (ahem), it was still a big deal and we had to celebrate, so we invited some friends.
In light of the fact that we are Cheeseheads (Vinay by marriage) living out of the land of cheese, I decided we needed to go with a classic Green Bay meal - sloppy joes, cut up veggies, Lays potato chips, root beer and rice krispy treats. This was Mary Hounsell food through and through. We also decked out the house a bit in green and gold. (Consequently, I know a fair amount about buying astroturf at Home Depot if you ever need help.)
The kids had never watched a football game in their lives, but they were very, very excited, too.
(Maybe not for the same reasons.)
Kev, sitting at the front door hours before guests were to arrive, waiting for his best buddy Brody.
Fruit. Nothing remarkable except that my Mom had this cool way to cut pineapple. Who knew?
Also too, the three little boys in attendance pretty much ate all the strawberries and 95% of the pineapple on this tray. No scurvy here.
Rice krispy treats. YUM! Léna made the flags. Go Packers!
The coffee table - also known as the place where the children congregate. I don't think the kids had ever had such easy access to chips before - they all pretty much hovered right here the entire time.
Also too, the three little boys in attendance pretty much ate all the strawberries and 95% of the pineapple on this tray. No scurvy here.
Also, please leave a comment in the comment section applauding Vinay on his excellent craftiness. He cut out the Packer letters. I am proud.
3 comments:
1) GO Vinay!
2) On Bieber: Doug asked me who Justin Beaver was the other day ;)
3) And really? No football ever? And you call yourself a cheesehead! lol
Seriously Vinay you did an awesome job!
Thanks Aunt Odilia.
Post a Comment