Background

Voting

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

How Cute Is This?

I have a friend at Amiya's school who is crafty in ways I am not. She does awesome paper projects that involve supplies I do not have and do not want to have. So, when I saw this on a blog recently, I asked her if I could pay her to put one together for me. And she said yes! Whoohoo for us!

It's a birthday board - the person who's birthday is approaching gets to pick out six dinners for the six nights before the big day. We (meaning I, let's be real, they're too young and we'd be watching The Land Before Time every night) also get to select six birthday-ish activities to do before their big day.

If Blogger is playing nicely and will let you enlarge the picture, you'll see that Kev selected pancakes for five out of six dinners. (I had to talk him out of pancakes on Friday since we're having company for Indian food.) So please, think of me and the carb-induced coma we'll all be living in starting tomorrow night.

Our activities include watching Kev's baby movies, making a "We Love Kev" poster, having a dinosaur lunch, making dinosaur cookies, having a lunch date with Mommy and Daddy and going on a birthday walk. (I'm not sure what a few of those are about - I'll have to do some more thinking.)

Anyway. I love, love, love this board and am so grateful to Ms. MaryAnne for making it! Birthday season is my favorite season and this makes it even more special!

2 comments:

Christie said...

Christy, you are the coolest mom ever if you agreed to make pancakes that many nights in a row! My kids would be in heaven!

Christy said...

Ha! I have tried so hard to talk him out of pancakes all those nights in a row, but he will not budge! Guess it could be worse, right? At least it's not mac 'n cheese.