Mwa ha ha ha ha.
Surely they were joking. No way were we going to pay $20 for pictures of this - so when the sign went up saying they needed volunteers to help the anklebiters in and out of their suits, I was the first to put my name down. In exchange for my time, we got the picture package for free. I can deal with that - and our little guy wouldn't be so glum when his pals got their pics and he didn't have any.

The kids listened to a fifteen minute spiel about aviation and then were paraded outside to check out the mini-copter, don a mini-flight suit and get their pictures taken.

Now's the time when I cast off my aspersions, shut up the negative chicky in me and just say that it was a cute experience. Kev, as evidenced by these pictures, thought it was pretty awesome.
I'm not sure that the kids actually learned anything significant about aviation and I'm not convinced that someone (the company, not his school) didn't make a lot of money off of this little event, but for the time I spent, I'm glad we have these pictures. If nothing else, they prove that Kev is actually capable of looking at the camera and smiling. That knowledge alone makes it worthwhile!
1 comment:
Wow, shame on the school for promoting something like that. If it wasn't about the money, then I'm sure the one of the parents or teacher could have taken some photos.
Post a Comment