Today started by trying out the new electric griddle that we bought. We really purchased it to make dosas without all the oil, but as this non-Indian can't handle many Indian scents in the morning, we made pancakes instead. And here's a little commercial plug - if you happen to live near a Target that sells Archer Farms brand (the Target brand) go out and get a can of their Maple/Pecan pancake mix NOW. It's that good. I'm not a big fan of homemade pancakes generally, I rather like the McDonald's pancake taste. These are a happy compromise plus what's not to love about pecans in butter and syrup? But I digress. Amiya devoured her pancake and didn't even realize that it was supposed to be donut day.
After this, Amiya and Daddy headed out to see Dumphrey the Dragon (or Dragon the Dumphrey, as Amiya calls him) at Busch Gardens. Mommy got some time to herself to rest and try and sleep off some more of this awful cold/throat thing Daddy passed to her. While at Busch Gardens she not only saw Dumphrey and gave him a hug and a kiss, but she rode on some rides with Daddy and saw a bird show, too.
Upon coming home, it was nap time and Amiya was having none of that. While Daddy tried to rest, Amiya serenaded him over the baby monitor with the tunes from the Dumphrey show of the morning. How he slept I'll never know - her vocal warblings were too much for me.

Having a much, much faster internet connection means a whole world of games has opened up for Amiya. Weekends regularly see Amiya sitting on Daddy's lap playing the games at Sesame Street, PBS Kids or Fisher Price. She also begs to type messges to Daddy on the kewpewter.
And in the sweetest news of the weekend, Amiya and Daddy got ready together Saturday morning while Mommy recuperated on the couch. After Daddy finished shaving, Amiya pressed her cheek to his and remarked on what a good job he had done making special note of how nice his "cheeksuff" (cheek stuff = aftershave) smelled. I can only relay the details secondhand as I wasn't conscious for this exchange, but suffice it to say that there was one charmed Daddy afterwards.
No comments:
Post a Comment