
I will, however, share this picture of our Sunday morning. This is not a toddler in the throes of a tantrum nor a paper maché project on our living room floor. This is Amiya clipping coupons for the families. We're still talking about the families who lost everything in Hurricane Katrina. She clips coupons for them every Sunday which means she tears up the Target ad. And, rather coincidentally, she always remarks on how the family must not have something she really wants. While waiting in line at Kinko's the other day, she spotted a package of very bright highlighters. When I told her that we had markers at home she very resolutely told me that they weren't for her but rather for the families who don't have markers because of the storm. (And if you look closely enough, you can see Baby Katie doing naked push-ups behind Amiya. I'm not sure if Amiya had her training for something or if it was a punishment but sometimes we don't ask questions.)
And finally, not really about Amiya, but I'm
pretty proud: the cake I had to make for our final week of class. I went into tonight thinking I was going to hate the basketweave thing, but I actually like it a lot when it's brown. The cake took forever but I'm pleased. And mostly I'm happy to have learned some of the techniques as I feel pretty confident that I could now make a really cool Clifford birthday cake should the need arise!

5 comments:
WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!!! That cake is AWESOME!!!!!
Jacki
Thanks Jacki! And when will I be seeing your latest creation?
Creation -- when do I have time for that. My child refuses to go to bed lately (9:30, 10pm) and so not much done by me. I am formulating cake ideas in my head and trying to find time to stitch. I can send you a picture of some progress there.
Beautiful beautiful cake!!!!
Jacki
Aw, I didn't mean to say it had to be ASAP - it's just that we've been talking about it. Next summer or maybe during Christmas vacation? I don't even try when Amiya's awake and I know you've got even less "Carli sleeping" time when you're at home.
It's the middle of the day - are you skippin' again?
Nope -- just hanging out at lunch. I refuse to be social so I am not attending a luncheon.
Jacki
Post a Comment