party at our house and Sunday was a trip to a pumpkin patch in the middle of Hyde Park Village in Tampa.
We've told you all about Friday already so I won't say much. But I will say that we are still feeling the effects. It's no longer good enough to watch Sesame Street on TV. She shuts the TV off everytime. Nope, it seems once you go live you can't go back!
Saturday's desi (Indian) party was a nice night. We had three couples over who all hailed from various parts of India, as well as four children ranging from 9 months
to 8 years. Amiya quickly found the only girl and grabbed her hand for the rest of the evening. She called her didi the whole night and would not let her be. Luckily, this didi is as kind and as good with little ones as her didi in Rochester, so there were no hard feelings. I will proudly say that there were several who were surprised and impressed by the authenticity of the food I had made and that's a bit of a feat for a chick who had never eaten Indian food before 1999.
Sunday was a mellow, low-key kind of day. We went to the "pumpkin patch" that wasn't really a pumpkin patch, but more nicely arranged pumpkins for sale. We had expected arts and crafts and the like, but it wasn't to be. Instead, Amiya, Gabe and two other little cherubs chased each other around the fountain for an hour or so and then spent the rest of the time drinking from the water fountain (bubbler if you're reading in Wisconsin). I don't think I've ever seen toddlers so well-hydrated. Since Sunday, every water fountain is a thing of wonder to Amiya. Ugh!
In a testament to how smart this little twerp is, get this: Amiya has been wanting to take naps in her big girl bed. So we've said, "Sure." Sunday she did a great job - mostly because she was exhausted from the "pumpkin patch" and nodded off to sleep immediately. Yesterday, not so much. I told her that if she got out of her bed to play with her toys she'd go immediately to her crib. Please keep in mind that she's 2 and doesn't have much volume control - usually when she's playing I can hear her no matter where she is. Not so on Monday - quiet as a church mouse playing with her toys in her room when she should have been napping. Here's the kicker though - Bear has a rattle in him, so I always know when she's tossing in her sleep or messing with Bear. And Bear never, ever leaves her side when she's playing. Five minutes after putting her in, I went back to check on her only to find that Bear was on the edge of the bed and Amiya was playing with all of her stuffed animals that do not have any noisy things inside of them. This child knew what she was doing!
And finally, if what they say is true and the older sibling always "knows" the sex of the baby to come, this one is a girl. Amiya talks constantly about the baby sisser in my uterus. When we ask her if she'll be ok if it's a baby brother she tells us she will but that it's a baby sister anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment