Background

Voting

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Hummus Monster

Feeling uninspired by our standard lunch choices (fish sticks, pizza rolls, bologna sandwich), Amiya chose hummus for her meal today. She didn't actually choose "hummus", but rather "bread with dip." Silly kid. But, I knew once she tucked into it it would be gone in a flash as she'd devoured this on other occasions.

So, I placed half of the container of hummus (approx. 4 T.) on her little plate, sprinkled it with paprika and garlic salt and a bit of olive oil. Did a quick heating of the naan on our stove and off she went. She looked at it, then looked at me, looked at it again and decided, it would seem, that I hadn't done her too wrong with food lately, so she'd give it a go. Her entire meal was gone within ten minutes and she was begging for more. Knowing that hummus is not a bad choice, especially compared to our standard lunch menu), I was very, very tempted. But, it was lunch and she'd be napping soon and I wasn't sure that hummus + nap = happy big girl underwear awakenings. So, she sated her appetite with applesauce and told me that the hummus is her new favorite. All's well that ends well, no?


Here you can see her showing off her brand new knife skills as she spreads the hummus. She is towards the end of her meal here and frankly, what a relief. Impossible to take a picture before this as the food had been inhaled up until this point and our camera's shutter speed could not work so well so fast.

No comments: