Here's her last official photograph with her full set of baby teeth:
It's a little bit mug-shotish, but she was really unhappy with the tooth just hanging in there and wanted me to pull it out. In a surprising moment of Mommy clarity, I had the good sense (and the charged batteries) to take a picture.

I've blown up her smile from the above mug-shot so you can see which tooth it is (indicated by lower black arrow). And since I was in photoshop and painting arrows anyway, I thought I'd point out the spot of spaghetti sauce that the child did not wash off her nose despite three trips to the bathroom to do just that. I digress.
She's been having this wobbly tooth for about two weeks now, but it got to be very annoying on Tuesday, so I took yet another peek at it and determined that with a kleenex cover and one swift twist out it would come. She handled the entire process remarkably well except for the after blood - however one red lifesaver and she claims the blood taste "just disappeared!"
Said tooth went under her pillow that night in a very unceremonious ziploc bag. (Grandma has made this child 1,847,562 pillows and not one has a pocket for teeth. Grandma could you work on this?!?! Please?!?!) The Tooth Fairy forgot was detained by fierce lightning and tornadoes in Florida Tuesday night, so back it went on Wednesday night. Four quarters was the bounty and Amiya could not be happier.
I will add a picture of her new smile when it becomes available (they are in short supply this weekend, it seems to be a hormonal swing for our girl!), but it's honestly not much different as her grown up tooth is almost 75% in already.
And as a further complication to this whole losing teeth thing, Amiya has decided she wants to be a vegetarian. It would seem that eating meat is very hazardous to loose teeth, so she ixnayed all meat while still with the wobbly one. Now that it's out, it's all about not eating endangered species. We are trying to explain to her that chicken is hardly endangered, but you know our girl. So, we're letting her be a vegetarian, but putting down some guidelines about snacks (gotta' be nuts or fruit) and that she can't be a selective vegetarian. When this whole thing started she was going to be a vegetarian except for chicken nuggets and hot dogs. Guess how long that lasted?
No comments:
Post a Comment