Anyway, here's his room in all its' almost-finished glory. Thanks Mom and Dad for your sewing/chair rail installing expertise and to my girlfriends for your toil!
The monkey and the bedding that inspired it all.
The wall mural that I painted for exactly $0.00! Gotta love that - I had all the paints and brushes already in our craft closet. My monkey and elephant are a little bit wonky, but those were Daddy-requested additions at the last minute!
Grandma sewed the valance, I sewed the changing pad table and both the window curtains and the changing pad curtain.
For his bed, my Dad cut the legs off of Amiya's bunk, I painted it and it became Kev's bed. We wanted to clear out Amiya's room a bit so she got a new, smaller bed and her previous bed went to a neighbor who was furnishing an apartment. This has worked out so well for Kev - he is getting used to a big boy bed without us worrying about him falling out all the time. It's adorable to see him get in and out - he face plants everytime, but giggles while doing it.
Wondering why the pictures are so high? Because if they are even inches lower, Kev stands on the rails of his bed and knocks them down. The monkey bit makes sense now, right?
Now his room is pretty open and really cool to be in. The colors are bright, but it's also sort of serene. He likes it a lot, especially now that the animals are all back up - we constantly have to point and list all the animals in the various art around the room. So cute!
5 comments:
Christy, how very cool. You did a great job. Monkey does seem fitting, doesn't it? lol...I have a mural sitting in a closet right now that is supposed to go up on Matthew's wall. You trace the pattern up on the wall and then fill it in with paint. Sounds easy enough, doesn't it? Yeah, one day...
You can do it!
I knocked Kev's mural out in about 2 hours - and that's while Vinay was out golfing, so I had the wee ones running all around me!!!
I want to see that on your To Do list soon!!!!!
I don't think it is going to make it to the "to do" list anytime soon. It is a LOT of tracing and still MORE painting. I am thinking maybe towards the end of the year. My family never knows what to buy Matthew for his birthday...and really, he can't use anything. So, maybe I should suggest a paint party. Give time and energy instead of a gift. Think they'd fall for it?
I bet they would!!! I swap jobs for cakes, babysitting, etc. all the time!
See the shelf with the lion on it in the last picture? Gone! Kev decided he didn't need it anymore so he tore it off the wall. (I think he was really trying to get to his lightswitch, but I'll attribute a more monkey-like reason for it's demise!) Good I didn't do the touch up paint yet, right?
I love your blogs even though I don't always comment on line. You know we talk on the phone several times a week.
Post a Comment