Background

Voting

Friday, August 08, 2008

Growth Spurt

It's official. I am going back to work.

I have to. Between rising prices on every basic item (except lobster - that's cheaper this year than last!) and a son who is on a massive food tear, I have to go back to work. Please send suggestions for jobs that are quiet (because I might lose my mind if I go from chatty kids @ breakfast to work and back home to chatty kids) to me. Thanks in advance.

Meanwhile, back to the real cause of our robust food budget as of late:

That's right. It's all about Kev. Last night we went to a salad bar restaurant for dinner - Kev ate a plate full of veggies, two large servings of mac 'n cheese, one muffin ("Mo bwed peeze Mommy!") and about a cup of apple crisp with vanilla ice cream on it. Before anyone gets upset about the carb overload - that's not a typical meal for us! But, he did put away a huge amount of food - to the point that his little tummy was too snug in the car seat and the straps had to be loosened up a bit. And yet, this morning he woke up and I can still clearly see his ribs showing through his skin. I want his metabolism!!!

And here's proof of why he's eating so much. These are the pants from this winter - they were covering his heels in January!

No comments: