HAPPY 4oth Vinay,
I wish we could be there with you to celebrate this milestone birthday but since we can't here are a few of my thoughts.
In the ten years or so that you have been part of our family there have been a number of events that have been etched into my memory for both good and not so good reasons - here are a few.
A phone call after midnight from an overjoyed daughter who couldn't wait until morning to tell us she was engaged.
Another memorable phone call to our house from you as you slid off the highway into the ditch when you were coming up for your
wedding.
Devon street and your father. I was overwhelmed with the hustle and bustle of that part of Chicago. (which I had no idea existed) And your father, what a nice, interesting man. (The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.)
You and your family surprising us in Alaska making Mom cry for joy. And then fishing with you on the Kenai River.
The snowman you built with the boys and you sleigh riding with Amiya and the snow blowing in your faces.
And finally you paring the 18th hole as we finished your first round of golf. (And perfecting your swing in your foyer.)
I'm sure there are more but this is enough for you to get the idea. We've been blessed with your presence in our family - THANKS Vinay!
Happy Birthday!!!!!
Tom
No comments:
Post a Comment