More important than our feelings are her feelings and she is good to go! Here and there she will make a complaint about not having Miss Amina for her teacher, but we think she'll like her new teacher very much.
In an effort to make the most of this last week of freedom (because really, when has someone outside of our immediate family dictated our schedule for 80% of the calendar year before? That's what I'm struggling with the most, but I digress. Again. I know.) we planned a week full of fun and merriment.
It was bittersweet for us Moms - we're all pretty good friends who met because of the kids and now they're moving on.
This picture was taken at the restaurant we went to Friday night to meet long-time friends Paul and Yvette from Illinois, along with their two children James and Daniel. We had a very nice dinner with them and Amiya came away very fond of both boys
On the way home from dinner out, both kids fell asleep just as we pulled into the driveway. Amiya had me in tears for most of the drive because she was requesting all the songs we used to sing to her as a baby. It just rubbed a bit more proverbial salt into the wounds I've been licking with her going to kindergarten. Vinay laughed, I cried. Amiya caught on to me and seemed to be encouraging the sobfest. Ah, classic Amiya.
In retrospect, I guess it's very, very sweet that she's big enough to go to kindergarten but still young enough that she wanted Mommy to sing her a few songs to help her fall asleep.
3 comments:
Funny you would be talking about Amiya starting Kindergarten. Mike had me look up pictures for a slideshow that will be shown at the wedding reception. One of the cutest pictures is him standing in front of school for his first day of kindergarten...20 years ago!
Anxiously awaiting the post about the first day of kindergarten...
Loved the symmetry in the pics! Very cute!
Post a Comment