I know, I know. It's been a full week. I do apologize to all two of you who read this.
Here's the down-low: We've had company and I've wanted to visit. When I did get on the computer, I just couldn't (and still can't) find it in me to try and be clever. That segways nicely into the fact that Mommy is feeling like a very well-used diaper lately. I suspect it's the going from hot to cold to hot to cold all the time, but it's taking a toll. I'll spare you the details.
Anyway, we're back and I'll tell you a few cute things that she's been doing and then hopefully you'll forgive my lack of ambition and love me once again.
She's got a new joke. "Tawget is called Mosa." (Target is called Mosa.) It's a long story and not worth retelling because it doesn't make the statement any more funny than it already isn't. Just know that if she tells it to you, you should throw your head back and laugh.
She's trying out new words all the time and my current favorite is "yesmowo." If you guessed that it's a combination of yesterday and tomorrow then ding ding ding ding ding. You get the prize behind the garage door!!!!! (It's the diaper pail and we're all too happy to finally be ready to get rid of it.) She's a bit confused about these two words and so uses them together to mean yesterday. I love it! She has also recently mastered the pronunciation of ice cream (formerly ick ceam) and together (todeller).
Potty training is still going - we packed away the big girl underwear for a few day's because of the antibiotics, but she appears to be getting back into the swing of things. She did have an accident today at play group, but hey, it's hard to stop playing sometimes.
Swimming lessons are draaaaaaaaaaaaagging on. I swear these will never end and I will never have a full day to accomplish anything again. Oh my. I'm whining, I know. Reference paragraph about well-used diaper. It's no fun sitting by the pool not sure if I'm going to vomit or not. But wait. This is supposed to be about Amiya. Ok then. She's doing fine. It's all a review of what she did in the previous two sessions. Now it's about "creating a relationship between the child and the instructor." Oh, yak. Maybe for four days but certainly not for two weeks!!! Anyway, it's paid for and there are no refunds, so I'll deal.
Beyond that, she's just being the adorable, precocious, tantrum-prone two year-old that we all know and love. On the night of our trip to science museum she had a tantrum that induced vomiting that necessitated carpet cleaning. As horrid as that might seem, it actually has a positive side in that she (quite obviously) found the vomit to be distasteful and now when she tantrums we can get her to stop almost immediately by saying, "You're going to have the yucky stuff in your mouth again." Ah, the levels to which we stoop.
More tomorrow (promise).
No comments:
Post a Comment